REGULATORS FOR SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS
Models ABPB, ABPS
Back Pressure, Adjustable Regulators
These metal diaphragm, high purity back pressure regulators are specially designed to control inlet pressure. Unlike pressure reducing regulators, these devices control inlet pressure rather than outlet or downstream pressure. They operate like highly sensitive,adjustable relief valves. The inlet (system)pressure is controlled by relieving pressure through the regulator from the system to maintain pressure at or below a desired level.
Back pressure regulators are commonly used to prevent overpressurization of storage vessels, fluid sampling systems, compressor and pumping systems.Model ABPB is manufactured from brass bar stock and is designed for noncorrosive gases; Model ABPS,which is constructed from Type 316L SS bar stock, is suitable for use with corrosive gases.
- Convoluted 316 SS diaphragm provides excellent accuracy, high sensitivity, and close tolerances on crack-reseat pressure relationships.
- Metal to Metal Diaphragm to Body Seal (without back-up o-ring) assures maximum diffusion resistance.
- High Purity Regulator Design permits vacuum purging of regulator.
- Threaded Holes in Rear of Regulator permit front panel mounting.
- Captured Venting Configuration provides 1/16" NPTF vent port and stem packing allowing for complete capturing of bonnet when connected to a vent line or disposal system.
- Mounting Ring permits regulator to be panel mounted.
- Regulator mounting plate allows for easy mounting of regulator to wall or panel.
- Internal (Inboard) Helium Leak Test and Test Report determines inboard leak rate; test report certifies leak rate of less than 2x10–8 sccs air equivalent.
- External (Outboard) Helium Leak Test and Test Report determines leak rate of gas from regulator to atmosphere; test report certifies leak rate of less than 5x10–7 sccs air equivalent.
Maximum Rated Pressure: 250 psig
Design Proof Pressure:
150% of maximum rated pressure
Relief Pressure Range
Operating Temp. Range: -40°F to 165°F
Flow Coefficient: Cv = 0.08
Inlet and Outlet Connections: 1/4" NPT female
H.P. (inlet) Plugged Access Port: 1/4" NPTF
Approximate Weight: 2 lbs
|Materials of Construction |
ABPB: Brass Bar Stock
ABPS: Type 316L SS Bar Stock
ABPS: 300 Series Stainless Steel
Other Metal Parts Exposed to Gas:
ABPB: Brass and Stainless Steel
ABPS: Type 316 Stainless Steel
Diaphragm: Type 316 Stainless Steel
||Part No. |
|Panel Mounting Ring*
|Regulator Mounting Plate and Hardware*
|Inboard Helium Leak Test and Test Report
|Outboard Helium Leak Test and Test Report
|Captured Venting Configuration