VARIABLE AREA FLOWMETERS
The Series 50PM flowmeters are designed as
a practical approach to low flow rate indication of noncorrosive gases or liquids at lowest possible cost. These flowmeters offer an economical means of
measuring gas or liquid flow at low pressures where ±10% accuracy is acceptable.
The metering tube for each flowmeter is molded directly into a clear, high impact - polycarbonate plastic body. A direct reading scale for air in both
standard liters per minute(slpm) and standard cubic feet per hour (scfh) at 70°F and 14.7 psia is provided on the meter body. A unique valve design
allows bubble-tight shutoff. An integral bezel and threaded mounting screw permits either flush or front panel mounting.
Warning: This flowmeter is constructed of polycarbonate plastic. Make certain the gas you are using is compatible with the materials of
construction. Injury to personnel or damage to equipment may result. See "Technical Information, "page 178, for gas compatibility.
- Single Piece Body and Tube Construction form the ribbed tube, bezel and integral float stops.
- Ribbed Tubes stabilize float and improve accuracy and readability.
- Large Numbers and Graduations enhance readability.
- Dual Scale allows flow rate to be read in standard liters per minute (slpm) and standard cubic feet per hour (scfh).
- Unique Valve Design allows bubble-tight shutoff.
- Integral Bezel and Threaded Mounting Screw permits either flush or front panel mounting.
- Metal Connection Inserts prevent damage from over tightening fittings.
Maximum Operating Pressure and
Temperature: 100 psig at 130°F
Minimum Operating Temperature: 32°F
Accuracy: ± 10% of full scale from 10%
to 100% of range
Repeatability: Within 1% of full scale
Tube Graduations: Standard liters per minute (slpm)
and standard cubic feet per hour (scfh) of Air
Scale Length: 37 mm
Inlet and Outlet Connections:
1/8" NPT female
Approximate Weight: 0.25 lb
Materials of Construction
Body and Tube: Polycarbonate Plastic
Connection Fittings and Valve:
Type 316 Stainless Steel
||Air Flow Rate Range at 70°F and 14.7 psia Actual Graduations
|| 316 Stn. Stl.
||316 Stn. Stl.
||316 Stn. Stl.